Home > Help Center > Change Visas to a Residence Permit

Change Visas to a Residence Permit


All the international students with the study visa, visiting visa or tourist visa must apply for residence permit in the local public security bureau within thirty days from the date of entry. Those who fail to apply for it within the limit will be punished as illegal immigrants.

A indicates that the holder of this Residence Permit can stay in China until January 31st, 2011.

B indicates that the purpose of the holder is for study. It means the identity of the holder in China is a foreign student, so he or she is only allowed to study in China. He or she is not allowed to do anything else, like work, doing business and intern.

Students, who want to get a Residence Permit for the first time, must present the following materials to Division of Exit and Entry Administration of Lanzhou Public Security Bureau.

1. Passport;

2. Acceptance Letter from Lanzhou Jiaotong Universty

3. JW202 or JW201 Form

4. Certificate of Verification for Physical Examination Record, which is issued by Gansu International Travel Healthcare Centre of Gansu Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau;

5. An Introduction Letter for Foreign Students' Visa, which is issued by the School of International Education,Lanzhou Jiaotong Universty.

View on mobile