Home > Help Center > How to Apply for a Student Visa

How to Apply for a Student Visa


Student visas are generally issued to applicants who intend to study in China for more than 6 months.


  • One completely filled-out Visa Application Form

  • One recently-taken passport photo, which is to be glued to the photo place in the application form.

  • A passport with at least two blank visa pages and six months validity.

  • An original and a copy of a confirmed visa application form for international students (JW-202 or JW-201 form) issued by the Ministry of Education of China.

  • An admission notice issued by the receiving school.

  • A Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (Q-2 form) filled out, signed and stamped by a doctor. A photo of the applicant should be glued to the photo place in the form and be stamped by the doctor.

Note: Aliens holding X-visas shall, within 30 days of entry into China, obtain aliens' residence permits from the Public Security Bureau in their residing local places. Otherwise, aliens may be fined, detained or even ordered to leave the country within a specific time period.

View on mobile